Sunday 27 July 2014

Pick up, brush off, start again

You may well believe that as I have stopped blogging about weight-loss, I have stopped losing weight - and indeed, the diet. You would be correct.

I gave it a go - the Juice Plus diet. It didn't work out for me. I was getting so hungry between shakes that I was about going crazy, and my mum asked me to stop doing it. So, I have. Instead, mum, who has been learning about weight loss and healthy eating for years, has written me a plan.

Note: I know a lot of you were sceptical in the extreme of me choosing to do a meal-replacement diet. I want to emphasise that I wanted to try it out before dismissing the idea. I can say I have done so: and it did not work for me.

So, here is the Mummy Plan. We concentrate on the week first.



First thing in the morning I am to have lemon & ginger tea, rooibos tea or fruit juice (definitely not from concentrate)

Mid-morning I can have two oat-cakes with half a tin of tuna or salmon, or reduced fat hummus.

For lunch I will eat a bowl of fresh, wholesome soup and salad: with leaves, beetroot, carrot, mixed seeds, boiled egg.

Mid-afternoon I will snack on a small handful of nuts (but NOT peanuts), and fruits - apple, banana or orange, with no more than three bananas a week.

Dinner will be a piece of meat approximately the size of a pack of cards, with vegetables. Om nom nommy vegetables like sweet potato, butternut, sweetcorn, green beans, peas, roast peppers and eggplant.

Everyday I must drink 2 litres of water and rooibos/herbal teas per day. I can have two glasses of red wine or two gin and tonics (with less of the gin, and slimline tonic).

Breakfast on weekends is generously two eggs with rye toast, bacon and mushrooms (yuck) and on Sunday's I can have a roast dinner!

I am NOT allowed cake, biscuits, beer or cider!

So, that is that. I also have an exercise plan, which I have not actioned yet as I've been recovering from a general anaesthetic and still have a fairly sensitive face (my tooth was taken out in a fairly tricky procedure owing to a badly placed nerve). I haven't felt like walking, let along going to the gym!

I hope this one will be better, and will keep you all updated! I hope to at least do a daily food diary so mum can keep track - although I'm also trying out myfitnesspal, where my username is corrieberry.

That's all for now! Operation Lose Weight: Round Two has begun.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice well balanced plan... I wish you success. x

    ReplyDelete