Wednesday 3 June 2015

Motivation has left me

I've been finding it hard to motivate myself to go running. There are a number of problems, which I shall talk about now. As I write this, I'm dressed in my gear and ready to go. I have not yet had a cup of tea, nor have I eaten anything. I have to run 8 km, and I'm feeling very much like it's a huge ask at the moment...there are so many easy excuses to delay the start.

Craft Fairs


I exhibited at a craft fair this weekend. I did not have enough stock, so I spent a Very Long Time last week getting things ready. This made it very easy for me to think that the hour required to head out for my run was just too much. As a result, I didn't go running except on Monday. Bad.
My stall (in a very red tent) this weekend

Rain


With the end of May has come the April showers I was expecting in...well, April. The weather has been bad. However, I can't let myself use this as an excuse, I know that...it is hard to force oneself to leave the house with bad weather, though.

Phone


This is a bad one...so lame that I can't believe I used it as an excuse. But, I did. Twice. I lost my debit card a while ago and as a result my direct debits all failed. I was in a bit of a depression down-patch, and the first thing that goes is my phone-attentiveness. Before I knew it, my phone had been cut off. This meant no internet. Which meant no navigation when running. Which meant I could have got lost.

I have no words for the lameness of this. I do know I'm finding it hard to motivate myself. The 8km that I am due to run today seems a double marathon. I don't know if I can spare the willpower, the time, the effort. But, I'm dangerously on the verge of getting to the point of no return in my training programme, so I need to keep going.

Edinburgh Half Marathon


My very good friend Lucia, my brother and one of their friends ran the Edinburgh Half Marathon this weekend. I was super proud of them both - and it definitely made me want to motivate myself again (obviously not enough on Monday to force me to go, but baby steps). I am so thrilled for them, and I can't wait to see what everyone does next...

Lucia got a t-shirt and a medal! Whoop.

Speaking of Lucia, I have started a new project with her that you can read about here. It's to do with Harry Potter!

Maybe I will go now. Run Corrie, Run.

No comments:

Post a Comment