Friday 20 June 2014

Day Four of Diet ~ Detox

Yesterday was Day Four, and the best one so far! This was partly because I didn't focus on food all day, with doctor and vet visits, a nice little nap, the England game and quartet rehearsal...busy day. I'll get straight into it:

Breakfast was a slice of toast. Dry toast. Luckily, I bought some really delicious seeded bread that was gorgeous and has some really tasty wholegrain bits in it. Tasty.

I got to work and struggled with not being able to have my tea (although not as much as I am struggling today, Day Five...). It was fine, though - I had to leave work early to get to a doctors appointment, which I did - got home and had my lunch which was a huuuuge bowl of fruit:

- banana
- raspberries
- strawberries
- grapes
- apple
- apple juice and a drop of lemon juice to stop browning

It was so tasty - too much info, but I am salivating just thinking about it. Mmmm.

Tasty tasty fruit salad with lots of berries.
Dinner was again salad, two boiled eggs and a grapefruit. My salad was the last of the spinach and rocket, and some mixed leaves with dry-fried pine-nuts, cucumber and feta cheese. I used the grapefruit as a salad dressing, and it was good. I ate *a lot* of salad so I was nice and full by the time I was done, and went to bed happy.
Dinner! Eggs are an underrated food.
My failure of the day was not drinking enough water. I had five of my required eight glasses, and I have a headache today to prove it. I also nibbled on a biscuit while I was in a meeting without thinking about it...only to realise *oops* not allowed that. However, it was the day where I've stuck to the detox most loyally, and been happiest with things.

I do not feel thinner yet - the scales are reading 66 kg, but 4 kg in four days? Don't believe it - still need those new scales. Mainly, I feel tired and weak, although I think this is more to do with the fact that I'm doing a lot more exercise than usual. This is why I had a nap yesterday after taking Pippin to the vet - instead of going to the gym.

I did walk 4 km on my daily trips across London, which is 1 hour of walking, so I feel like it's OK. If I had gone to the gym, I think I would have expired.

Anyway, the good news is - my juice has arrived! So I am all set to start on Monday. I suspect it is going to be a long four months.

Much love,

Corrie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment