Thursday 26 June 2014

Day Three of Diet Proper

Day Three was a Really Good Day. I didn't cheat at all, and had my vanilla shake in the morning, chocolate shake for lunch, and chicken pizza with an excess of vegetables for dinner.

I have changed my shakes to soya milk - for no reason other than I couldn't buy almond milk when I went to Sainsbury's - and I am finding them easier to drink. The almond milk was *very* thick and it felt like drinking a smoothie that didn't have enough liquid in it. You know - tip your head back and wait for it to dribble into your mouth thick. When I run out of the soya milk (it was on 3 litres for £3, so I have a six day supply), I will try rice milk next - my mother recommends this and I have not tried it.

I'm sceptical, but then again, I had never tried almond milk and it went OK.

The chicken pizza was not what you think it was! The 'dough' was the chicken, with some tomato puree, green pesto, goats cheese, peppers, onions and a sprinkling of parmesan, baked in the oven and grilled for a few minutes to get a crispy top.

It was delicious and my boyfriend enjoyed it too - success! The excess of vegetables were peas, sweetcorn, broccoli and green beans, and I deliberately gave myself a lot as I was super hungry. I nearly couldn't finish it...



I was supposed to go to Zumba, but I didn't make it. I went to Kings Cross to pick up a bird cage for Piccadilly and the person I was supposed to be meeting didn't show - and I waited for 45 minutes to be sure. I was late home to feed Picca, I got back with five minutes to go for the class so I would have had to sprint to the gym (a ten minute walk) and get changed - it didn't happen.

I have booked into another Zumba class on Saturday and will go then instead.

I'm finding the exercise part of this really tough - but I knew I would, which is why I went for this diet. I need my motivators, and at the moment I am so unfit that I am finding exercise a real chore - and I also have a persistent cough that just will not shift, and coughing till I throw up in a gym is not cool.

Anyway, exercise woes aside, I am enjoying this diet, even though it is quite hard not to snack. It has made me realise how many biscuits and bits and bobs I used to have throughout the day, and has explained a bit where the weight has come from - it's not all a beer belly, to my surprise!

I am finding not being able to have a beer quite tough, which is strange because I actually don't drink that much anymore; but knowing I can't is putting the desire into me. I will get over that one.

Much love,

Corrie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment