Monday 23 June 2014

Off-Diet Weekend

I had an off-diet weekend because it was my cousin's wedding.

I went CRAZY. For lunch on Saturday I had pasties and sausage rolls - for dinner I had a relatively healthy(ish) meal of pate, lamb shaks and Eton Mess, and to party I had....far too much wine! Terrible. I didn't eat any cake, though!

I like to think I burned off most of the calories doing mad crazy Corrie dancing with my family - and I drank a lot of water the next day, although I don't think hangover water counts! That's going to be the last time I eat like that, and drink any real alcohol, for a long time.

On Sunday I had a pasty for breakfast, nothing for lunch but a muffin for tea in the afternoon and barbecue chicken with my darling boy. This dinner was healthy - we had the remainders of the mash, salad comprised of mixed leaves, grated carrots, strawberries and feta, some barbecued red peppers and the chicken.


This was all rather tasty! We did eat in bed which is slapped-wrist bad, while we were watching Game of Thrones.

I'm going to take it as a warning, though - I can see how easy it could be to go completely nuts when the diet is over, so I'm going to bear that in mind as I go forward.

Anyway. The diet proper starts today - we have almond milk and I haven't decided what I will have for dinner tonight. The next few weeks are going to be rather exciting - I have one accidentally pregnant hamster and I rescued a baby bird yesterday, so hopefully that is going to distract me from any hunger I may experience.
This is my rescued baby pigeon, Piccadilly! She eats peas.
Much love,

Corrie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment