Wednesday 18 June 2014

Day Two of Diet ~ Detox

I'm writing this on Day Three and boy am I finding things tough today. It wasn't helped by this appearing on my Facebook wall this morning:

Totally delicious looking cake one of my friends made and posted on Facebook to TAUNT me.
That's just great, you know, showing off the cake to the girl who loves cake and can't eat any at the moment. (And these people are proper skinny too. How is it fair?!)

Before I go on to Day Two of the Detox, I have two things to say:

1. My Juice will be arriving today. Or at least, I hope so - I got an email from Juice Plus in any case saying it was on its way. This means I will be all ready to start the diet proper on Monday, although depending on the postman it may be slightly later than that if they try deliver while I'm out and I can't collect the box from the depot until a day when it is open at an appropriate time for me to collect after work.

2. I'm going to a wedding this weekend. It is my cousins wedding. There will be food, there will be champagne and there will be wedding cake. And I will enjoy them. So don't be surprised if I post a photo of myself on Sunday looking like I overindulged on carbs after a week of avoiding them. Chances are, I did.

OK, so Day Two of the Detox.

Breakfast was meant to be a grapefruit and a boiled egg - I swapped out the grapefruit for an orange after the no-grapefruit-on-medication revelation, and I ate my boiled egg without toast for the first time in my life. It was a bit of a challenge, but fine.

Lunch was the grilled chicken breast I'd done the night before with a ton of salad and a piece of dry toast. It was supposed to be tomato, but I decided that salad would do. It was really, really tasty good, and I had less of a problem with the dry toast than I thought I would.

Between lunch and dinner, I went to the gym. I did 20 minutes of cardio, then worked on the weights machines for a while (which is very intimidating when you have all the buff men there lifting about 50 kg and you can barely manage 9 ... but I stuck it out). When I got home, I was again shaking and feeling rather weak - so I had a chocolate digestive and a banana. I probably should have left out the chocolate digestive, but I wanted instant sugar. And some chocolate.

After that we had a three hour long quartet rehearsal. Playing viola with arms that have just been dragged through the weights section at a gym for the first time in several months? Not enjoyable.

The boys preparing to start rehearsing.
Dinner was steak! I bought two packs of steak at the beginning of the week for £4 (sirloin steak...I thought I was a genius) but we had to open up both of them because we had friends round....so I will have to find cheap steak for the next steak night, which is Sunday. I made a salad of rocket, mixed leaves, cucumber, grapes, and I had an apple in mine as well. The boys had parmesan instead of the apple, and they each had a bit of pork pie and a bun.

I didn't take any photos, so you'll have to imagine it. I managed to get rid of all the pork pies in the fridge, so they are no longer a temptation!

I drank ten glasses of water, two mugs of unsweetened, unmilky rooibos tea, and apart from the digestive, I'm pretty pleased with my progress.

So, apart from the fact that I'm as grumpy as a bear that just woke up after hibernation, and really not in the mood for dieting today, it's going well.

Oh, and I did weigh myself last night. The scales said 68 kg, which would appear to indicate a 4 kg loss in two days. I don't buy it...and should probably buy new scales. I might have to start weighing myself at the gym.

Much love,

Corrie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment