Wednesday 25 June 2014

Day Two of Diet Proper

I completely failed with the diet today. I drank my shakes fine, which I was mixing with almond milk. They go down much easier with a protein shaker, and I quite enjoyed the whole thing.

I was at work, and I knew I had three chocolate digestives in my cupboard...I was so-o-o-o hungry and I decided that one simply Must finish the digestives. They didn't even touch the sides as they went down.

I also snacked on raisins. I'm not supposed to snack on anything - but at least these were healthy!


I know you're sitting there thinking "this doesn't sound so bad, what is she talking about" but I'm not even halfway through the sins of the day. The plan was to go out to a pizza place with a dear friend who was celebrating a birthday - I intended to have dinner at home, then maybe a dessert at the pizza place. Step One went well - two pieces of grilled chicken found their way into my stomach.

Then, my boyfriend and I decided to have a glass of wine. Just -one- glass mind, and a glass a day can be a little healthy...right...about three glasses later, we left.

Arriving at the pizza place, we noted that there was carbonara pizza on the menu. I mean, I couldn't say no. It was carbonara pizza. Rather than tell my boyfriend I would like to share my pizza with him, I ordered one for me and I ate it all myself, thank you very much. Oh, and we each had a bellini, and a tipple of limoncello with the birthday boy. I did not have any more wine, nor did I order a beer.

Birthday Pizza Party - birthday boy second from the left in the green shirt.
It doesn't end yet. The dessert menu came, and on it was lemon sorbet with a skin, and a pizza dough nutella ricotta pudding. I tried to tell the boyfriend that I did not need dessert - he said he was ordering both anyway, and I was welcome to have as much or as little as I liked.

I had half of the dessert. It was so tasty.

Then I decided to leave before I could get persuaded to go have a third dinner and a pint, and made my way home.

Needless to say, I've been feeling super guilty today. On the plus side, I haven't cheated even once, and I have Zumba tonight! I also may or may not have booked another Zumba session this weekend. It will be super hard, but I think I owe it to my poor carbs-overloaded body.

Until tomorrow!

Much love,

Corrie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment